Tags: u.s. | nvidia | stake | intel

Bessent: US Not Eyeing Stake in Nvidia

Bessent: US Not Eyeing Stake in Nvidia
U.S. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent addresses a press conference in Rosenbad after the trade talks between the US and China concluded, in Stockholm, Sweden on July 29, 2025. (Magnus Lejhall/Getty Images)

Wednesday, 27 August 2025 08:50 AM EDT

A U.S. stake in chipmaker Nvidia is "not on the table" Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said Wednesday.

"I don't think Nvidia needs financial support, so that seems not on the table right now," he said in an interview on Fox Business' "Mornings with Maria" program.

Bessent raised the possibility that the administration could take stakes in other industries.

"Could there be other industries where that we're reshaping, something like ship building? Sure, there could be things like that," Bessent said.

The Trump administration last week announced a near-10% stake in chipmaker Intel. It previously intervened to complete the purchase of U.S. Steel by Japan's Nippon Steel in June, taking what Trump called a "golden share" that gives Washington say over its operations. 

© 2025 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.


StreetTalk
A U.S. stake in chipmaker Nvidia is "not on the table" Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said Wednesday.
u.s., nvidia, stake, intel
122
2025-50-27
Wednesday, 27 August 2025 08:50 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
Get Newsmax Text Alerts
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
MONEYNEWS.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
MONEYNEWS.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved